Is it a warm smile, word, gesture, a tiny token of gratitude or appreciation? Anyone who is in a relationship, and even those who aren’t know it’s The Little Things that matter. Not saying the big things don’t, but I would rather receive a broad smile and genuine thank you from my partner for doing the dishes, than a diamond ring…am I alone here?
A little has the ability to go LONG way. A phone call from a friend, checking in on you when you are feeling down. Did you receive that PERFECT Christmas gift? It was only a few packages of red licorice from your Mom, but she knows you are a movie buff, and red licorice is your favorite movie treat. The person in line before you paid for your latte, which you paid forward to the customer behind you. Someone letting you in a long line of traffic, or sacrificing that rock star parking spot. “I threw in that load of laundry”, “I saw this beautiful succulent and bought it for you to add to your collection”, “I took the afternoon off so you can have a break from the kids”, “I’ll cook tonight”.
Today’s Sunday Writing Prompt is: The Little Things
- The style is completely open; poetry, prose, even a single sentence…Go where the prompt takes YOU!
- Keep your submission to 500 words or less.
- Post it on your page, and TAG it Sunday Writing Prompt, SWP, MLMM, Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie. And be sure to leave a link or pingback in the comment section below.
- Feel free to use my photo for inspiration, or as your own cover image.
- Please have your submissions in by the END OF EACH FRIDAY (Pacific Standard Time). Every Saturday, I will post a “standout” piece in a post entitled, SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT. Bear in mind, it will be based on my personal opinion. If you are not chosen, that does NOT mean your piece was not superb.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
Please, take a moment and visit this week’s selection for the Saturday Spotlight series, “Changing Homes” by Leaking Ink, https://leakinginkblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/02/changing-homes/. Clearly, I like me some Leaking Ink considering they were last week’s choice as well 🙂
HAPPY WRITING, EVERYONE!!