1. There will be a new prompt every day. You have a full week. For example, if a prompt is posted on Sunday you have until the following Sunday to submit it. Participation is open and free to all.
2. You can submit in the following ways:
IF YOU HAVE A BLOG:
- Add a link to your post in Mister Linky (a link in the comments may get overlooked by fellow participants).
- Add a specific link to your post in the comments (a link to your blog, in general, might make it difficult for participants to locate the appropriate post).
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BLOG:
- Post your response in the comments.
3. You are not required to link this site (pingback) but doing so could help generate interest and help visitors to your blog, find us!
4. Read and comment on as many submissions as possible. Treat each other with kindness and respect.
5. There is no limit on submissions for a prompt.
6. If you think your submission needs a warning due to its graphic content please provide one. Submissions will always be read and approved first and do not require censoring. But out of respect to the other participants, please give warnings where they are appropriate.
Hello Yves (and Georgia) 🙂
What do you think of this video as a possible prompt some day? I couldn’t get it out of my mind after watching it. It’s a bit disturbing … but it’s sure to elicit some responses (I think).
It is a little disturbing but I am sure I can use it in the Freestyle XD
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh good! 🙂
I just couldn’t get that video out of my head …. so eerie … and the ending made me wonder *who* had been martyred ….!
Very haunting video
No idea if anyone checks this, but I love the idea of having a prompt to challenge me on days when writer’s block defeats me, and I would love to give your site credit for the prompts when used; however, I don’t know what or who Mr. Linky is.
Of course we do XD
How to describe Mister Linky lol Basically he keeps all the links for a given prompt in the same place. To view the links you click on the button with the tree that says add your link here. Then you can click on the individual names to view and read the other entries.
To submit your own entry
Click on the button with the tree
Beneath the names of the other participants are some blanks for you to fill in
Your Name: Lucie
for demonstration purposes I will use the link of your most recent blog entry
Your Link: https://lucieguerre.wordpress.com/2015/03/10/a-small-world/
Then hit enter
In order to get that link I went to your blog and clicked on A Small World and copy/pasted the link provided in the address bar.
Don’t link to your blog in general as it may be difficult for people to find the specific entry you want to share. Always link to the relevant entry.
How to give credit
Include Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie in your tags as well as the name of the Challenge itself like Wordle or Heeding Haiku with HA
And then at the bottom of the post just put a link to the prompt you participated in
Here is one of my entries to show you what I have done. You can title your entry however you like I just happen to use the title of the challenges but that is not required
Thank you so much for such a detailed response. I will definitely try my hand at this; some of your prompts already had me thinking.
I look forward to it =)
I always get confused when I come to your site. I want to participate but I am not sure about the dating situation. What I mean by that is that I was under the impression that if I wanted to participate under a certain prompt I had to have it linked up within a certain period of time though where those prompts are specified I do not know. Also I have trouble finding the actual prompts. I see information about them, but not the prompts we are to use. I have repeatedly read your facts page. I have visited the about page more than once as well as the schedule link.
Am I just dumb?
[…] https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/prompt-facts/ […]
[…] MindLoveMisery’sMenagerie … prompt … haiku (movement) … https://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/prompt-facts/ […]
I read your “pingbacks” prompt, and yes there is a way to allow them to post in the comments section automatically. All you have to do is shut off all your filters for comments, including the one that limits first timers to be approved. I couldn’t have survived my own prompts without this. 🙂
… sorry, by filters I meant turn off the moderation. You don’t have to change the number of links allowed before Akismet picks them up. 🙂