Please note: As I mentioned on my Saturday Spotlight, I am posting this prompt early because I might be camping this weekend, and therefore, off the grid.
Based on the extremely positive feedback from my last prompt (thanks everyone!!), I’ve decided to stray from the norm and offer another offbeat prompt.
LET’S GET CELESTIAL!!
Today’s Sunday Writing Prompt: Choose a planet, and create a colony
This can be based today…100 years from now…3000 years from now. It can be a colony of humans, animals, or alien beings. You can write on the building of the colony, the triumphs or trials of an established colony, the ultimate demise of the colony…whatever you like! Choose an existing planet, or discover a new one! When writing, think of it more like a novel or movie, and less like a check-list. Bring the reader into your unique world.
I can’t wait to read what you come up with!!
- The style is completely open; poetry, prose, even a single sentence…Go where the prompt takes YOU!
- Keep your submission to 500 words or less.
- Post it on your page, and TAG it Sunday Writing Prompt, SWP, MLMM, Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie. And be sure to leave a link in the comment section below.
- Feel free to use my photo for inspiration, or as your own cover image.
- Please have your submissions in by the END OF EACH FRIDAY (Pacific Standard Time). Every Saturday, I will post a “standout” piece in a post entitled, SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT. Bear in mind, it will be based on my personal opinion. If you are not chosen, that does NOT mean your piece was not superb.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
Please, take a moment and visit last week’s selection for the Saturday Spotlight series, Stephanie Colpron, https://stephaniecolpron.wordpress.com/2021/04/28/first-consultation/
HAPPY WRITING, EVERYONE!!