You’re at a party and notice someone in the corner, shoulders hunched, eyes down, cradling a drink, but they haven’t taken a sip. What are they thinking in this moment? Why are they here? Were they guilted into attending, or came on their own accord to try and tackle their social anxiety, maybe even meet someone special? Are they shy, or perhaps keeping a secret?
This challenge highlights the recluse, the introvert, the one off to the side. The person who seems out of place, keeps to themselves, or pleads the fifth in court. The wife with bruises, the employee who can’t look their boss in the eye, the child who won’t play with others, the one with all the knowledge who is too timid to share their groundbreaking idea.
Today’s Sunday Writing Prompt is: The Quiet One
- The style is completely open; poetry, prose, even a single sentence…Go where the prompt takes YOU!
- Keep your submission to 500 words or less.
- Post it on your page, and TAG it Sunday Writing Prompt, SWP, MLMM, Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie. And be sure to leave a link or pingback in the comment section below.
- Feel free to use my photo for inspiration, or as your own cover image.
- Please have your submissions in by the END OF EACH FRIDAY (Pacific Standard Time). Every Saturday, I will post a “standout” piece in a post entitled, SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT. Bear in mind, it will be based on my personal opinion. If you are not chosen, that does NOT mean your piece was not superb.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
Please, take a moment and visit this week’s selection for the Saturday Spotlight series, “It’s the Little Things” by Bree, https://saidbree.wordpress.com/2021/07/12/its-the-little-things/
HAPPY WRITING, EVERYONE!!