Welcome back to, Sunday Writing Prompt!
What constitutes “trash”? Dirty diapers…yes. Rotten food…should probably be composted, but yes, something to discard. What about that barely beaten sofa you upgraded? Or the vanity that still holds a breath of life, but needs a little TLC. Grandma’s attic…everything needs to go! Garage sales and thrift shops are all about turning one’s trash into another’s treasure. Even a spouse, who their significant other decided to “discard”, but became the most valuable person in YOUR life! It really comes down to perspective…
“I’ve been looking everywhere for this!”
“Paid $3.00 for a painting I discovered was worth $50,000!”
“He is the best Stepdad I could have ever imagined!”
“Adopted this puppy from the pound, and he became my best friend.”
I encourage you to write about “trash” that became treasure. Base it on personal experience, or compose something entirely fictional. All is welcome 🙂
Today’s Sunday Writing Prompt is: One Person’s Trash
- The style is completely open; poetry, prose, even a single sentence…Go where the prompt takes YOU!
- Keep your submission to 500 words or less.
- Post it on your page, and TAG it Sunday Writing Prompt, SWP, MLMM, Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie. And be sure to leave a link or pingback in the comment section below.
- Feel free to use my photo for inspiration, or as your own cover image.
- Please have your submissions in by the END OF EACH FRIDAY (Pacific Standard Time). Every Saturday, I will post a “standout” piece in a post entitled, SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT. Bear in mind, it will be based on my personal opinion. If you are not chosen, that does NOT mean your piece was not superb.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
Please, take a moment and visit last week’s selection for the Saturday Spotlight series, Leaking Ink, https://leakinginkblog.wordpress.com/2021/06/21/the-nanny/
HAPPY WRITING, EVERYONE!!