Welcome back to, Sunday Writing Prompt!
Poetic Justice: “An outcome in which vice is punished and virtue rewarded, usually in a manner peculiarly or ironically appropriate retribution for one’s actions.”
The KICKER for this week is, I would prefer anyone who feels inspired by this prompt to write in a poetic fashion. It doesn’t have to rhyme, but there should be a tempo, pace, a personal cadence.
Definition of Poetry: Literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm.
Sky’s the limit on this one. Speak on poetry, speak on justice. Combine the two and nail the subject matter! No right or wrong here, just make sure you create POETRY 🙂
Alternatively, use this as an opportunity to Justify your Poetry! Have something tucked in your pocket you’d like to express?! Share it! Then give us a little back-story to its origin/inspiration.
- The style is usually completely open, but please, keep it to poetry this week 🙂
- Keep your submission to 500 words or less.
- Post it on your page, and TAG it Sunday Writing Prompt, SWP, MLMM, Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie. And be sure to leave a link or pingback in the comment section below.
- Feel free to use my photo for inspiration, or as your own cover image.
- Please have your submissions in by the END OF EACH FRIDAY (Pacific Standard Time). Every Saturday, I will post a “standout” piece in a post entitled, SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT. Bear in mind, it will be based on my personal opinion. If you are not chosen, that does NOT mean your piece was not superb.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
Please, take a moment and visit last week’s selection for the Saturday Spotlight series, Sadje, https://lifeafter50forwomen.com/2021/06/09/sunday-writing-prompt-june-6-2021-not-my-circus-not-my-monkeys/
HAPPY WRITING, EVERYONE!!