They say, smell triggers memories better than any other sense. But, sometimes you’ll hear a song that brings you back to your teenage years, or see a park that reminds you of your childhood.
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE: Choose either sight, sound, or smell, and write a memory it triggers in you.
- The style is completely open; poetry, prose, a single word…Go where the prompt takes YOU!
- Keep your submission to 500 words or less.
- Post it on your page, and TAG it Sunday Writing Prompt, MLMM, Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie. And be sure to leave a link in the comment section below.
- Feel free to use my photo for inspiration, or as your own cover image.
- Please have your submissions in by the END OF EACH FRIDAY (Pacific Standard Time). Every Saturday, I will post a “standout” piece in a post entitled, Saturday Highlighter. Bear in mind, it will be based on my personal opinion. If you are not chosen, that does NOT mean your piece was not superb.
- Be creative and HAVE FUN!
I just want to give a quick thank you to Michael who has entrusted me to take over this challenge. It is an honour, and I am very excited to spread my creative wings and soar in a new direction!