Saturday’s Mix–17 June 2017
Welcome back to Saturday’s Mix! Today is all about 17. Yep. The number 17–
- Seventeen is a prime number. It is also the sum of the first four prime numbers
- Louis XVII had the misfortune to be next in line to the thrown during the French Revolution and was never actually king, instead dying in prison at the age of ten.
- Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet.
- The 17th Dynasty of Egypt was from 1580 – 1550 BCE.
- The 17th hour is 5:00 pm.
- Chlorine’s atomic number is 17.
- Andrew Johnson was the 17th president
- The Roman numeral is XVII
- Urban I was the 17th pope, serving from 14 October 222 – 23 May 230
- The number 17 denotes strength, responsibility, and compassion.
- Fear of the number 17 is called ‘heptadecaphobia’ or ‘heptakaidekaphobia’.
- There is no poetry type with seventeen lines; although, we all know the haiku has seventeen syllables.
- Some cicadas have a 17 year life cycle.
Feel free to focus on the number seventeen or use one of the tidbits of information above as inspiration for your writing. You can write a seventeen word or seventeen line poem. You can also choose to write in prose (170 words or less).
Once you’ve written your piece please tag your work Mindlovesmisery’s Menagerie and Saturday Mix then either ping back or put a link to your work in the comments below. To make things simpler you can add your link to the Mr. Linky app below so everyone will be able to quickly find your work.