A dose of fetish. Good friends. An incomparable muse.
Hello again! This is Jen from Blog It or Lose It, filling in for Olodriel at the Tale Weaver Prompt.
This week we’re going to explore the wild world of science fiction! Science Fiction prompts are few and far between at WordPress – which is a shame – because it embraces the future, change, possibilities, and improbabilities.
As Isaac Asimov once said,
“My own feeling is that science fiction, of all the different forms of literature, is the one that most easily accepts the notion of change. Things are changing very quickly, and any kid who thinks about it knows that the world in which he or she will be a grown-up — which he or she will be helping to run — will be considerably different from this one. Maybe better, maybe worse, but different. Science fiction explores the future world.”
If you don’t read (or watch) a lot of Sci-Fi you may be scratching your head. Where to begin?
Here are some of the most common themes in Science Fiction:
* Time – future, alternative timeline, or a past that differs from the historical record;
* Setting – outer space (space flight), other worlds, subterranean earth;
* Characters – aliens, androids, mutants, humanoid robots, possible human evolution;
* Futuristic technology – teleportation, ray guns, humanoid computers;
* Scientific principles – wormholes, time travel, faster-than-light travel;
* Political / social systems – dystopian, post-scarcity, post-apocalyptic;
* Paranormal abilities – mind control, telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation;
* Other universes / dimensions and travel between them.
Your challenge is write a story or poem that places Bastet’s boat (above) within the framework of Science Fiction. How?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
* Time: Can you time travel in this boat?
* Setting: Is this boat resting on a distant moon orbiting a distant planet – instead of Earth?
* Characters: Is this boat used by mutants / aliens / androids / robots / etc.?
* Scientific Principles: Did you land in this boat via wormhole? Is this the center of a black hole?
* Technology: Can you teleport somewhere in this boat? Is it actually a weapon? Or a healing device?
* Poli-Sci: Is this the aftermath of a disaster of apocalyptic proportions? Who’s allowed to use the boat?
* Paranormal: Does someone control this boat with their mind? Or manipulate people who use this boat?
* Dimensions: This boat exists in a parallel universe where everything is the same as Earth except ….?
Once you’re written your story or poem, tag it MindLoveMisery’s Menagerie and Tale Weaver’s Prompt. Then be sure to add your link to Mr. Linky.
|flashpoetguy on Tale Weaver #133: under red sk…|
|georgeplace2013 on Saturday’s Mix–12…|
|Saturday’s Mix – 12… on Saturday’s Mix–12…|
|Lorraine on Tale Weaver #133: under red sk…|
|Squirrels and Shadow… on Saturday’s Mix–12…|