A dose of fetish. Good friends. An incomparable muse.
Hello everyone! This is Jen at Blog It or Lose It, covering for Anja’s fairy tale prompt this week.
The inspiration for this week is John “Jay” Glenn’s “Strict Lord Death Bids Them to Dance”. Yes, it’s a bit dark – but even fairy tales are visited by death occasionally. (Just ask Little Red Riding Hood’s grandmother.)
For this week, I’d like you to write a short prose piece or a poem (of any length) inspired by the image. It brings so many questions to mind! Here are a few of my own – just to get your creative juices flowing:
* Are the chess pieces – the black and white knights – simply chess pieces? Or do they represent something else?
* What is going on with the eerie light in the background? (Angel? Demon? Storm? Giant Dove? Or….?)
* Who is Strict Lord Death in this image? (The figure with the scythe? The face in the background? Or both?)
* How does the word “dance” come into play?
* Who is the figure in shining armor (bottom left)?
* What do the birds represent?
* What are the knight and the skeletal figure saying to one another?
* Which chess piece is lying next to the figure in armor?
What questions do you have? Let the imagery and your questions guide you as you create your fairytale.
Once you’ve written your post please tag: MindLoveMisery’s Menagerie and Fairytale, then put your info onto the Mr. Linky app. If you ping us back, we’ll be able to read your post ASAP because we will be notified that you’ve written the post (not so with Mr. Linky).